~ 🍋There are many health benefits of lemons that have been known for centuries. The two biggest are lemons’ strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers and their use as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser 🍋 ~
Lemons contain many substances–notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene–that promote immunity and fight infection.
According to Ayurvedic philosophy, choices that you make regarding your daily routine either build up resistance to disease or tear it down. Ayurveda invites us to get a jump-start on the day out with a mug of warm water and the juice of half a lemon.
It’s so simple and the benefits are just too good to ignore.
1) Aids Digestion – Lemon juice flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body.
2) Cleanses Your System / is a Diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials in part because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body.
3) Boosts Your Immune System. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds.
4) Balances pH Levels. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body.
5) Clears Skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes and it helps to combat free radical damage.
6) Energizes You and Enhances Your Mood. The energy a human receives from food comes from the atoms and molecules in your food.
7) Promotes Healing. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage.
8) Freshens Breath. Besides fresher breath, lemons have been known to help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis.
9) Hydrates Your Lymph System. Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body.
10) Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings.